Friday, May 30, 2008
1. For me mind dumingly boring 'real life' TV soap drama is the opposite of creativity.
2. Depends on the genre, but
The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom was the last excellent book I read.
3. I like fill-ins because they make me think a bit about who I am.....
4. In nature I like looking at the changes through the seasons.
5. After you lot voted for Bush a second time, nothing would surprise me.... should win the US elections.
6. The last time I laughed with all my belly was listening to Stephen Fry.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to cooking a feast, tomorrow my plans include as little as possible and Sunday, I want to enjoy some good weather, go to the gym and find loads of bargains at a car boot sale!
Think all had a good time, I know these did!!!
And I feel the need to embarrass these two!!!
Friday, May 23, 2008
It's been a long half term at school and we're (kids and us) bushed... So we're off camping in West Bay in Dorset for some well earned rest, (if that's the right word), with the kids and grandchildren!! Should be fun.
I'm hoping for :-
- chill out time with a book and a glass of wine or two...
- to catch a fish from West Bay harbour...
2. Rushing around moving 'things' makes me feel like I'm being productive.
3. I love little quick moving birds, like the Wren and big pizzas!!
4. This summer I want to enjoy the peace of our courtyard (oh - and get married...)
5. James Boswell made me start my blog.
6. Red radishes and orange walls.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to camping with the family in Dorset, tomorrow my plans include not getting wet when we put the tents up and Sunday, I want to read!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
2. Look - the bloody cat's trying to climb in through my window.
3. Right now, I need a hay fever tablet.
4.Badminton with friends is where I went Thursday night; it was fun, but knackering.
5. Why does deep thought hurt so much?
6. All I can think of is the sun on our faces this week - it's been really energising.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a warm spring evening, sat in our chairs outside sipping cold Marlborough Chardonnay, tomorrow my plans includean end-of-season awards evening with Hertford Town and Sunday, I want to watch The Hornets win our first leg play game against Hull City!
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Monday, May 05, 2008
Finished off the anti cat pots and even got out the tool kit to hammer a couple of nails in....DIY yuk.
Plus Watford manages to SCRAPE into the football league play offs by a goal difference of 1!! So it's home and away against Hull for the chance to play at Wembley and a crack at the Premiership again...
Sunday, May 04, 2008
Just got to check out the tackle situation, i.e. get some rods and off we go!!
Anyway, today's pic is very normal - our handy work in the WAR against the cats in the courtyard crapping in our little plot.
Friday, May 02, 2008
2. Living in a civilised society often amazes me.
3. You can keep doing that forever, the dog is rapidly becoming a sleek, mean eating machine.
4. Grab a twirl, add a twist and an earthquake, mix it all together and voila! You have me, the other Friday after our wine and quiz night!.
5. If I had a yard with a garden, I would love to grow proper radishes!
6. Water is best au naturel.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the gym, a wine or two and food, tomorrow my plans include nothing more interesting than a haircut and Sunday, I want to pray for a Watford win away at Blackpool!
and for my daily pic I'm going back a bit....
My dad in the Royal Navy 1944....