Been a good day, although I do find it hard lately to get myself interested in the wider world affairs at present; feeling very introspective . Very much concerned with how I'm perceived by others, which is probably a sign of my insecurity which appears every so often. Having been married twice plus another long term relationship, I often get really worried that I'm going to muck it up again with Suzie.....so I've gone to the heart of things today and...cooked a cracking meal!!! Thank Mr J Oliver for your Italian recipes.
Found this tool http://www.stumbleupon.com/ and it's VERY addictive. Be careful.
As it's Friday, let's go for the Friday 'Stuff'..
Friday Fill-In #43
1. The last good thing that came in the mail was our new door bell - saves people scaring the shit out of me by tapping on the window!
2. This week I'm grateful for school vacations.
3. New Zealand pinot noir is the most delicious thing ever.
4.Art inspires me.
5. I'm most happy when I am still enough to listen to Grieg.
6. And all the roads we have to walk along are leading to our eventual destiny - it's up to us how fast/slow we take it.
7. As for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a feast, tomorrow my plans include bet you can't guess.....football! (At Hertford Town this week) and a lovely fish n chip supper dance at Enfield and Sunday, I want to enjoy the last day of our fall holiday !
1. What is sweet? Yummy Clotted Cream and Strawberry Jam on a home made scone.
2. What hours do you work? Have to be there for half 8ish - go home when ready after 4ish
3. When do you relax? When there's no distractions and I can read in peace....not often now with all the electronic paraphernalia around me (and it's my fault..)
4. How did you learn about the birds and the bees? Ask Maureen....
5. Friday fill-in:The good vibes flow when WFC are in the groove....
Friday 5 for October 26: Fruits and Laws
Of peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control, which are you most lacking? Can I compartmentalise the answer? Moods tend to dictate which and when, but after my half century the one I've possibly missed the most is self control at the wrong times.
Of peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control, which are you most blessed with? Now I've reached that half century - patience...it wasn't there half a lifetime away.
The Scout Law says that a scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. Which of these are relative strengths for you? I try to be cheerful, definitely not thrifty, would hope to be seen as courteous and kind....clean!!
Which of the elements in the Scout Law are relative weaknesses for you? Thrifty is hard, often find it hard to be reverent....
If you were to create a list-type law, such as the Scout Law, for your occupation, what might it look like? One line- treat others as you would like to be treated....