Friday, January 19, 2018

There's always a first in life...me, my Ankle!!

So, there I was, happily wandering off on my Wednesday walk, this time at Watlington Hill
I had just said hello to this guy...
and taken in this view... 
and walked through the little side gate along The Oxfordshire Way...

when i slipped!!  I felt my left foot go sideways, shoved down my walking pole and then my right foot went woooshh under my left foot.  I heard THE CRACK!!  
Found myself on my back, looking at a beautiful clear blue sky and, in all honestity, a tad numb of mind.  Then I looked down and ...
Yep...hurty!!  SO, and here is where modern life has its real upside, took out my lovely, gorgeous iPhone and dialled 999.  
(Without the mobile, i would have had to drag myself up the pathway, through 2 gates and across a field to get back to the roadway...)
Wonderful people there organised things exceptionally quickly..'cos I was alone and in a remote location on a cold day, initially they were going to dispatch the air ambulance from RAF BEnson, but as i was so close, sent the medics in a land rover instead...i was churlish enough to feel disappointed at that - sorry!!
My View...

As i was lying here waiting a couple of Red Kites kept swooping down across this gap...never when i had my phone in hand ready!!!
They couldn't find me!!  I saw the blues go past the upper field twice...lots of shouty stuff from me, a couple more phone calls and they arrived, just like in a rescue movie (well from my angle anyway!!)
And here I am, Stoke Mandeville Hospital..
and please donate to..

https://www.tvairambulance.org.uk/

few more pics...
Ambulance driver told me he walks his dogs up around there, and none ever goes down that path!!

Queueing...not overly long and everybody was very polite to each other.."after you sir..no you first" etc...

then siri got in the act!!

naked broken ankle, now know its 3 places!

post manipulation and temp cast..

Operate? nope...still swollen...

Wifie sorted out decent clothes :)

Sunny room...


No comments:

Post a Comment