Wednesday, January 24, 2018

#Recovery!!..Day 3 into 4...

#day 3. 2337 

Lying down def best - lots of moving around this evening and ankle now really thudding away...looking forward to last of the days pain killers!!

#day 4 0600

First all night sleep for a long time - (pre break as well), but def since last Tues. 

Downside, woke up on my back, but lying to my left, which meant my foot was lying to the left rather than straight up - and it immediately let me know....#complaining in its own hurty way!!

Next part of the adventure is to take pain killers, wait a while, then loo - which is an issue all of its own in my life!!  #oldgit. 

0650

Well #pain. 

Just been to loo, which entails dropping left leg first out of bed, then poorly right one...waiting a few seconds for the blood surge, which is when first tranche of payback for sleeping on my side. Pain here is sharp, cutting. 

My limited anatomy knowledge suspects it’s the blood vessels swelling up against caste... 

Next move is to pull myself upright and hop towards door. Yesterday I could grasp radiator- can’t today ‘cos I pulled it off the wall last night!!  

Then, bent the way I have been moaning at my Mother for doing over the past few months (at least her excuse is she’s 90!) I bumble along by grabbing the end of the bed, and hopping and bouncing of wardrobe door - ending the bedroom part of the adventure by flinging myself to the safe hands of the Mr Zimmer!! ( never thought I would be saying that at 61 and a half). 

Part 2 of the early morning loo leads me into the bathroom and a Naked Gun style standing relief...we can’t shut door at the moment because we now have a ‘support’ loo ( kindly lent and kindly meant) for the more robust business that will hopefully happen later!  I say later, because that well known side effect of codeine is truly working!!  

By now the pain is a long constant ‘look at me’ call from the ankle joint area- and I am trying to hold poorly foot off floor, balance in a very wobbly way and keep my aim..not good at multitasking at the best of times!  

Finished, flushed, now to return...turning around is a right royal palaver by itself!! Grab hold of Zimmer, do a rain dance on the one foot hopping around to face bedroom again and repeat part 1 to throw myself back into the bed and put ankle back up ( straight up ⬆️) and pretty much instant release from the sharp, cutting pain...leaving the now deeper, background thud. Definitely not a dull thud yet, but it’s good to like back and realise that’s what it will become when drugs properly kicked in   😀


Of course, it’s only a temporary relief, it’s going to happen again when nature calls. 


  Preparation for a long day in bed...with feet UP!!!














#day 4 11.24am
This time last week I was lying back in a lane looking at the sky and feeling numb!!


Clean!!  And knackered, sat here breathing as if I have just climbed Cairngorm again!!  Even with a perch chair, everything at hand, it’s the effect of not being able to stand/balance or bend naturally- shaving a weeks grey whiskers off felt good though!  

 




I feel I have rush at it all, start shaking quickly- in fact I am shaking as I write this, #recovery!!






6pm

Frustrating - it’s hard to accept that you really CAN'T just POP into the kitchen, or the loo, or help with the washing or even just answer the door in less than 5 minutes...if it’s not the broken ankle, it’s the other foot/leg, in fact the whole of remnants of the body that appear to have to work 10times harder than before!! 


Upside is that it feels really good when I do flop back onto the bed with foot propped up high!! 
Killing the pillows though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment