Saturday, April 14, 2012

St Pauls & Boswell...


Just been re-reading some of my rambling on here - came across this one http://lendal.blogspot.co.uk/2006/10/plans-plans-plans.html
particulary the bits about James Boswell.  Went for another wander on Thursday & in The National Portrait Gallerey found the man himself...

 Looked deep in his eyes and told him I KNOW him now - I'm up to 1778-1782, when his father dies & he becomes the Laird of Auchinlek...he really was a bastard to his wife and kids (not in a harsh brutal way - just lack of contact)...prostitutes... alcoholism...a father who patently is more than dissatisfied with his offspring...BUT he does recognise this...to quote
"It is unpleasing to observe how imperfect a picture of my life this journal presents. Yet I have certainly much more of myself  thus preserved than most people have."


 My fave coffee spot in Leicester Sq...
 View from coffee spot Tate Modern...
 St. Paul's from the Tate...
Rainbow over St Paul's  - from the South Bank...

No comments:

Post a Comment