Sunday, December 16, 2007

Need to chill....

After Watford's game against Plymouth yesterday, (and it was rubbish) I met a portly chap who was incensed - cursing and swearing about our manager and all and sundry. In my foolish attempt to be positive that tirade came my way.... Ok, as I've said, we were very poor, BUT, and it's a big but, a few years ago we were heading in a downward spiral that was leading to administration and lower league football ( again!)... and personally right now I'd be happier being the underdogs we have nearly always been, not the team to beat, the team that can't play good football because other teams come to stifle our play... I JUST KNOW that when Boothroyd manages a change of playing style and we're back on a winning run, that bloke will be crooning over him.

However, what this tirade of abuse has made me think is - do I need watford THAT much? It was real heart attack stuff!! So, WFC is going to take a bit of a back seat for a while. I'll still go to games, but I intend to go to Hertford more, watch more continental footy on the box and generally ween my self off the message boards and mailing lists...so it's not a divorce, just a trial separation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment