- Biggest project by far is our proposed trip to New Zealand in August. Hope to visit Sue's Uncle Jack at Tauranga Bay. He runs a farm there and she went a couple of years ago with her mum. My Aunt lives in Auckland, as does Suzie's friend Carol, so lot's of reasons to go. Reason not to go is FLYING.... Going to have to swallow my fears and go for it. BUT if we are going to spend 24 hours in a plane - one of the end results MUST be to see one of these...
So we'll go here then... http://www.albatross.org.nz/ . The Royal Albatross Colony is located at Taiaroa Head at the tip of the Otago Peninsula . Looking into travelling around the south island in a camper. WE KNOW - IT'S GOING TO BE WINTER!! But if it's too cold, we'll just have to B & B.
- Second hol to look forward is our Spring Holiday at Painton (bit different NZ!!). We're going to stay on a LARGE caravan with the children and grandchildren - should be chaotic and fun.
- Mother's 80 next December, so we'll have to start thinking about how to celebrate this. As I KNOW she won't be looking at this (she burnt out the SIM on her mobile, so Blogs are well out of her range!!) we'll put ideas on here as we think of them - first being trying to get us all together for next Crimble at Whitby.
- Football wise, If Aidy Boothroyd keeps us in the Premiership, it will go down as one of THE great escapes in football history!! We are bottom with 18 games to go and 10 points adrift from safety. HOWEVER, despondancy is not the name of the game here, as the team he is appearing to put together is hopefully going to be a bit exciting no matter which division we're in - should be fun.
- (Good reading here http://bhappy.wordpress.com/2007/01/02/reasons-to-be-cheerful/ )
- As for Hertford, going to see them today, and they are a bit of fun to watch as well at present scoring goals for fun, two players with over 30 each!!